Skeletons, ghouls, goblins and witches, oh my!
That’s right, it’s that time of year again when people start obsessing over what creature they want to dress up as for that holiday of holidays: Halloween. But no matter what kind of costume you decide to don on this day, you’ll want to be sure you have a ghoulish weekend planned out.
With this in mind, here are our top five events and activities for celebrating Halloween in Cedar Rapids.
- Haunted Halloween Ball III. For the 21-plus crowd, this might be the biggest Halloween party in town. It's located at the Doubletree Ballroom in Downtown Cedar Rapids and features live music, $2,000 in costume-contest prize money and plenty of ghoulish decorations and more.
- Get scared. We’re talking really scared. Are there haunted houses near me, you ask? Why yes, there are several. One of the biggest, Scream Acres, features four terrifying attractions populated with over 75 ghouls, zombies and ax-wielding maniacs. If those don't scare you, they have something that will: Clowns.
- For family fun. If having goblins and mutilated corpses jumping out at you isn’t your idea of fun, but you still want a traditional Halloween activity, take a drive up to The Pumpkin Patch Pizzazz in Monticello. With farm and exotic animals, a big bale maze, giant checkers, a human hamster roll, corn maze and much more, this is the quintessential “Halloween in Iowa” experience.
- Need a costume? Do a quick web search for "Halloween stores near me" and you'll notice that a lot of seasonal costume stores spring up this time of year. The beauty of shopping for a Halloween costume is that it's an event in itself. So set aside a day or two to go out with your friends to find that perfect, ghoulish outfit. Some of the best places are Spirit Halloween in Lindale Mall, and Balloons, Etc. & The Costume Emporium.
- Go on a zombie hunt. Do you have an itching to hunt some zombies? Well, you’re in luck, because the zombie apocalypse has taken place just outside of Waterloo, Iowa, and they need a few good paintballers to help take them out. This year, at KW Paintball, you can go on a zombie shoot. Every Friday and Saturday night you can jump aboard a trailer that’s been outfitted with mounted paintball guns and take shots at the undead.
Terrifying Halloween celebrations are among the many things that make Cedar Rapids such a great place to live. To learn more, contact a Coldwell Banker Hedges Realtor® today. With years of experience, they know houses and can help you with any of your buying or selling needs.