Curt & Kristyn Cleveland
Broker Associate in the state of Iowa - Licensed in the state of Iowa
- 5414 Blairs Forest Way NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Welcome to our real estate website serving all of the Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor Areas!
Welcome to our website!
With over 35 years of real estate experience in Eastern Iowa, we are proud members of BOTH the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City MLS Services, and when you utilize our search functions, you have access to ALL of the area's listings! Although we specialize in residential real estate sales and marketing, we have experience in all other areas of real estate including commercial, farmland and development properties, investment properties and more. Whether you are a "Baby Boomer" looking to down-size or buy your dream home, or a "Millenial" fresh out of college and anxious to become a first time homebuyer, we can help you with ALL of your real estate needs!
Providing you with professionalism, confidentiality, enthusiasm and attention to detail with every transaction!
When we walk in your home, we are not thinking about anything but "what are your specific needs and expectations, and what can we do to make sure you accomplish those goals". We feel it is our duty to ASSIST you in making the difficult decisions that are necessary to make to ensure that your home sells quickly and for the most amount of money, with the LEAST amount of stress, heartache and inconvenience. If there is work to be done, we can point out which repairs or improvements will be most beneficial, and can even help you line up contractors to help you with those repairs. We won't have to SELL your home. As long as we have done our job and we have priced the home correctly and done our extensive marketing, your home WILL sell itself. We will take care of all the paperwork and walk you through each stage of the selling process, and communicate with our clients on a regular basis and return all calls or inquiries PROMPTLY.
When you are looking to purchase a home, we will not be there trying to SELL you a home, but will be there as someone you can trust to help you make an informed, intelligent buying decision. We will not only inform you of the positive features of homes, but will point out any concerns or issues that may have a negative impact on the property or it's value. If there are major repairs or updates needed, we will do our best to point those issues out to you so you will not be blind-sided later. We will explain the buying process to you thoroughly, assist you with coordinating your financing, and help you to find just the right home for your particular needs. If you have questions as we progress through the buying process, we will answer them or if we don't have the answer, we will find out. That is what we are here for. We think of ourselves more as "facillitators of transactions" as opposed to being "salesmen". When you find the right home, you will know. I WON'T have to "sell" it to you. At the Cleveland Home Selling Team, we provide you with the service you expect and deserve.
If you are tired of high pressure salesmen, or realtors who make promises but never deliver, PLEASE give us a call, send us a text through our automated texting service, or send us a request to respond to you via e-mail. THANK YOU and we look forward to working with you.
AREA REAL ESTATE RESOURCES
- Cedar Rapids Assessor-Parcel Search GIS http://crgis.cedar-rapids.org/APV/index.html
- Linn County Auditor http://www.linncounty.org/auditor
- Property Tax Information http://www.iowataxandtags.gov/
- Linn County Assessor-Parcel Search GIS http://crgis.cedar-rapids.org/APV/index.html
- Linn County Recorder http://linncountyrecorder.com
- Linn County Treasurer http://www.linncounty.org
- Johnson County Assessor-Parcel Information https://gis.johnson-county.com/piv/
Real Estate Specialties
- Residential real estate-Top 3-7% of Coldwell Banker agents nationwide
- Investment properties-Work with numerous investors/home renovators
- Foreclosure properties/Short Sales-experience dealing with the difficulties associated with these transactions
- Land/development property/Commercial property. Although not our primary focus, we do have experience in all of these areas, and can make sure you have the experience and expertise you need
- Contract Sales-Extensive background with contract or private party sales
- First time home buyer properties-We have helped hundreds of people purchase their first home
- New construction/custom built homes-we have the resources to help you with all of your construction needs
- Condominiums/townhouses-We can help you get through some of the hurdles associated with these transactions and make sure your sale or purchase goes smoothly
Curt is a 25 year veteran with Coldwell Banker Hedges and recently passed the rigorous exam that has allowed him to gain the status of Broker Associate in the state of Iowa. Kristyn joined Curt in 2007 as his fully licensed real estate assistant. Both Curt and Kristyn have extensive backgrounds in customer service related industries and Curt also has an accounting degree. You can rest assured that we will pay close attention to all the details when dealing with your particular transaction. We look forward to assisting you with all of your real estate needs!
- Member Of The Cedar Rapids Area Association Of Realtors (CRAAR)
- Member Of The Iowa Association Of Realtors (IAR)
- Member Of The National Association Of Realtors (NAR)
- Licensed Broker/Associate in the State of Iowa
- Member of Coldwell Banker's exclusive President's Circle and President's Elite given to top 3-5% of Coldwell Banker agents nationwide
- Lifetime resident of Cedar Rapids and well known and respected in the community.
- Multi-year participant in the Relay for Life benefitting the American Cancer Society and have helped raise over $75,000 towards this valuable charitable organization.
- Volunteer server for many years at our local Community Free Health Care Clinic dinner to recognize the countless volunteers who donate their time to this much needed organization.
- Member of CRAAR MLS committee
- Member of CRAAR Public Relations Committee
- Spending quality time with family and friends
- Enjoy visiting antique shops/thrift stores/garage sales
- Kristyn loves Crafts/Pinterest
- Keeping up with friends/relatives and past clients on Facebook
- Football/Basketball-Huge Iowa Hawkeye fan and most recently an ISU supporter (our son Kahner just started his 1st year at ISU!)
- Love all genres of music and both enjoy getting out to do a little dancing!
Curt was born and raised here in the Cedar Rapids area, with Kristyn being born and raised in the Iowa City/corridor area relocating to the Cedar Rapids area nearly 30 years ago. We know the area and we know the people and appreciate their work ethic, devotion to family and friends, and good nature. We have 3 children, ages 33, 22 and 18. Our daughter attended the University of Iowa and our oldest son graduated from Kirkwood Community College. Our youngest son has just started his 1st year studying meteorology at Iowa State. We enjoy spending quality time with family and friends when we are not working to meet the needs of our clients. In addition, we enjoy golfing, racquetball, camping, vacations (preferably near an ocean!) and more. We currently own an awesome little black Pug named Romeo who is full of life and energy and have owned several other Pugs in the past. (I guess you can say we are hooked!) There is just something special about Pugs that always keeps us coming back! Although some recent winters may have made us have second thoughts, we have never seriously considered leaving the Cedar Rapids area that has given so much opportunity to meet and help others over the years. We would truly WELCOME the opportunity to add you to our list of satisfied clients!
- Accounting/computer degree from Hamilton Business College (Curt)
- Curt is a licensed Broker Associate in the state of Iowa. Kristyn is a licensed realtor/assistant
- Certified Buyers Representative
- Certified Negotiations Specialist
- Kristyn is also a former licensed Cosmetologist
Entertainment We Enjoy In Our Community
- Downtown Farmer's Market www.downtowncr.org
- Cedar Rapids Aqautic Centers/Parks www.cedar-rapids.org
- Theatre Cedar Rapids www.theatrecr.org
- Roughriders Hockey www.ridertownusa.com
- Kernels Baseball www.kernels.com
- Titans Football www.cedarrapidstitans.com
- New Bo District www.newbohemia.org
- Hawkeye Downs Speedway www.hawkeyedownsspeedway.com
- Public Golf Courses www.playcedarrapids.com
- Exclusive Private Golf Courses www.elmcrestcountryclub.com and www.thecrcc.com
- Privately Owned Golf Courses www.standrewsiowa.com
- Cedar Rapids Bowling Center www.crbowl.com