1. People who are looking at houses during the holidays are more serious buyers.
2. This time of year lots of sellers take their home off the market and new sellers wait until after the 1st of the year. This means less competition for your home and more money for you!
3. The number of listings jump dramatically in January so there may be less demand for your type of home. Less demand means less money for you.
4.Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. Buyers have more time to look at houses during the holidays.
6. Some people have to buy before the year ends for tax reasons.
7. Companies are alwaysa hiring. People transferring in from other cities and states can't wait til spring to buy. The have to buy now.
8. You can list your home but restrict showing days during the holidays. The internet is where most people go to view a home first.
9. You sell now and delay the closing til after the new year.