REALTOR® - Licensed in the state of Iowa
- 5408 Blairs Forest Way NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Welcome to my Website
So happy that you have come to my website. My goal is to use my expertise to make the buying/selling process as easy as it can be for you. I specialize in condos and residential homes in Cedar Rapids, Marion,Hiawatha and Robins. I take the time to listen to what my clients really want and need in buying or selling a home. I offer personalized service to my clients helping them to showcase their home to receive the best price. Contact me and lets get started on making your housing dreams a reality.
About Karen Knight:
• Explain the steps necessary to buy or sell a home
• Return all calls, emails in a timely manner
• Offer exemplary customer service
• Detail oriented
• Honest and trustworthy
• Dedicated to the highest level of professionalism, integrity and ethical standards
• Full time, full service realtor
• Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
• Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource (SFR)
• National Association of Realtors
• Iowa Association of Realtors
• Cedar Rapids Area Association of Realtors
My background in sales, marketing, and customer service has been a great foundation on which to service my real estate clients. I understand how to market a home to get the best price, provide excellent customer service and handle all negotiations for my clients.Using a consultative style, my clients don't feel rushed or pushed into making a decision. My priority is helping you choose a home that meets your desires and needs that will allow you to have many years of wonderful memories. I have clients in all age ranges and enjoy working with all of them. That being said, I do pay special attention to clients 50+ because they have unique needs.
Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
Member of LInn County Triad
Member of Elderly Consortium
My professional interests involve continually learning about all facets of real estate so I can be an informed partner for my clients. Each day provides an opportunity to increase my skills and knowledge.
- Senior Real Estate Specialist Designation (SRES)
- Special emphasis on clients 50 and older.
- Association for the Advancement of Retired People
- AARP Website: http://www.aarp.org
- AARP's complimentary reverse mortgage booklet Home Made Money: http://www.aarp.org/revmort
- National Association of Home Builders http://www.nahb.org/directory
- Social Security Administration: http://www.ssa.gov
- US Census Bureau For the index of data provided by the US Census Bureau visit: http://www.factfinder2.census.gov
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Educating Seniors about investing wisely and avoiding fraud: http://www.sec.gov/investor/seniors.shtm
I was born and raised in Northeast Iowa where the values of hard work, honesty, and having fun were a huge part of my family. We believed hard work and perseverance would result in our goals and dreams coming true. I still believe that to this day and have seen the results personally.
After high school I moved to the east coast where I lived in the Philadelphia area. While there I achieved my college degree at night while continuing to work full-time and raise my son.
They say you can't go back home again; but I've been back in Iowa for many years and feel as if I never left. I really enjoy my career in real estate. If you want any agent that will give you all she has, then I'm the agent for you.
My husband and I have delivered Meals on Wheels and have found it to be extremely rewarding. When someone says that you are their "lifeline" by bringing them a meal, it is truly inspiring.
I am a member of Elderly Consortium which is a group of people that serve the senior market. It has been a very good source of information about all things concerning senior citizens: health, housing, moving, insurance, home assistance care, repairs, finances and pretty much every service a senior citizen may have questions about at some point. If I don't know the answer, I do know someone that will have the answer.
I'm also a member of the Linn County Triad that includes representation from the following areas, police, fire, home care industry, financial institutions, etc. The purpose is to present information to the public about identity theft, scams, elder abuse, fire safety and many more areas.
As a member of the Friends of the Cedar Rapids Library, I help restock books that will eventually be sold at our periodic sales to benefit the library.
- A.A. Business - Bucks County Community College
- B.S. Business - Rider University
- Certified Life Coach
I enjoy dancing, music, reading, traveling, car shows, and spending time with my family and friends. My husband and I have a 1965 Fastback Mustang, 1999 Plymouth Prowler and a 2001 Corvette. We enjoy taking our cars to the local car shows. Car enthusiasts are just so nice and everyone has a story to tell about their car. In addition, I have several groups of friends that I meet with on a monthly basis to enjoy the laughter and great company. After all, all work and no play is not the way to a happy and fulfilling life.