Scott & Sherry Wahl
REALTOR® - Licensed in the state of Iowa
- 319-350-4223 ext Sherry
- 319-350-4223 ext Sherry
- 319-721-4970 ext Scott
- 5408 Blairs Forest Way NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
For Wahl 2 Wahl Service - Welcome to our website!
Why settle for one realtor when you could have an experienced team working for you?
When you search for a real estate professional, you should seek the following qualities in the agents you choose to work with:
Proven track record
Attention to detail
Strong negotiating skills
Excellent communication skills
Loyalty and Honesty
You'll find all these qualities when you give Wahl to Wahl a call!
We have been working together in Real Estate as a Team for 14 years and married for 38 years. Since we have opposite personalities, we offer different qualities to different clients. We believe in customer satisfaction above all else.
16 years of Real Estate experience
International Sterling Society Members
Board of Directors, 2010-2014
Graduates of Floyd Wickman Institute
Members of the National Association of Realtors
Members of the Iowa Association of Realtors
Members of the Cedar Rapids Association of Realtors
Past MLS Committee Chairperson and Member
Past Tech Training Committee Member
Past Mentor and Trainer at Coldwell Banker Hedges Realty
Scott's Cell 319-721-4970
Sherry's Cell 319-350-4223
I was born in Sioux City, Iowa but grew up in Spencer, Iowa. Scott was born in Miller South Dakota and raised most of his life in Huron, South Dakota. Scott moved to Spencer in High School where we met and fell in love. We have been married for 40 years now.
Scott worked for Fareway Grocery Stores for over 25 years before we started our Real Estate Career together. We were transferred to Cedar Rapids in 1996. After making many moves around the state of Iowa, we understand the stress and intricate details in moving the family from town to town. We understand the needs of both Buyers and Sellers as we have been there ourselves many times.
We have 2 grown sons who have each given us beautiful Granddaughters. Our oldest son Corey, his wife Abigail and 11-year-old daughter Riley live here in Cedar Rapids and we enjoy time with them. We try to visit Virginia Beach several times a year to visit our son Matthew and his wife Tiffany to spend time with our granddaughters Alexandria age 5 and Livy age 2.
We enjoy going to church each Sunday at Stonebridge Church on Stoney Road. We also enjoy our time each week with a small community group from our church.
We enjoy fishing and every fall the entire Wahl family and many friends make the journey to Lake Okoboji for our annual Perch Fishing trip.
- Cedar Rapids and surrounding areas
- Short Sales
- New Construction
- Real Estate
- Watching Movies
- Time with our 2 Granddaughters
- Time as a Family
- Involvement with our community and our church
- Floyd Wickman Graduates
- Kirkwood Community College Graduate, Associate of Arts
- University of Okoboji
Why Use a REALTOR®?
Why Use a REALTOR®?
All real estate licensees are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR "®" logo on the business card or other marketing and sales literature. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reports that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again.
Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $100,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of a REALTOR®.
But if you're still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR®, here are a dozen more reasons to use one:
1. Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power -- that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give a REALTOR® some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, he or she can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders -- banks and mortgage companies -- offer limited choices.
2. Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.
3. Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. Agents who are REALTORS® have access to a variety of informational resources. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning. schools, etc. There are two things you'll want to know. First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
4. Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate. There are myriad negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your REALTOR® can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports. You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Your REALTOR®, title company or attorney can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
6. Your REALTOR® can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
7. Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
8. When selling your home, your REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
9. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. Often, your REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. In many markets across the country, over 50% of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer. Your REALTOR® acts as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc. The REALTOR® Code of Ethics requires REALTORS® to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
10. Your REALTOR® will know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of your REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
11. Your REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing -- a lot of possible pitfalls. Your REALTOR® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
12. Your REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your REALTOR® is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing (or settlement).
Always Call "WAHL 2 WAHL"
Why Use WAHL TO WAHL?
Choosing a REALTOR
When it is time to list your home there are some important things to take into consideration. What company to choose? What Realtor will be the best fit? What do I expect and want in the marketing of my home?
In the following pages we will show you briefly why you should decide to list with us. Keep in mind that we can not list every detail here because there are too many things that do not warrant mentioning. Every agent puts up a For Sale Sign. Every Agent enters your listing into our Multiple Listing Service. Every agent has access to the same tools. It’s the tools that we spend extra time and money on that others don’t that set us apart from our competition. We are going to highlight the extras that we do to market your home so that we can get it sold in the time frame you need for the most amount of money.
Another important aspect of listing your home is pricing it correctly. We will help you price the home realistically so that you may enjoy maximum profits from the sale of the home. If you would like to discuss this in further detail, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we can arrange a time to meet with you.
Oldest Company in town with a History of satisfied repeat Customers.
- Nationally known with 99% Consumer Awareness.
- Primary Broker for largest National Relocation Company.
- Best Guaranty in Town.
- Coldwell Banker Agents are Full-Time Professionals and Well Trained.?
Wahl 2 Wahl Background Information
- 24 Hour Timeline X 2.
- Prior Management Experience – we are trained to help people make decisions and are better than average negotiators.
- Married 40 years – we know what it takes to succeed through the ups and downs.
- Better than Average Track Record.
- Attention to Detail and Advanced Technology.
- Willing to Spend the Extra Dollars to get our Sellers the Best Marketing Coverage
Wahl 2 Wahl Marketing Plan
Professional Marketing Exposure is a very important Element to Success
- Multiple Listing Service – Over 800 Realtors will see your property. We promise multiple photos posted promptly AND on every listing.
- Pictures – It’s important that a buyer NOT judge your home from exterior photos only. We use a Professional Photographer to take our pictures. We take up to/and post 25 or more interior and exterior photos of your property on all Websites and MLS.
- Internet – Your property information and photos are posted on many Web Sites. Recent statistics show that 76% of First Time Buyers Shop Online Before Contacting a Realtor.
- Company Web Sites – Local and National
- REALTOR. 86% of the 76 % go to Realtor.com. We pay for the ability to enhance your listing on Realtor.com and add additional photos, visual tours and text. With over 6 million users a month – we feel this expense is worth the cost for your benefit.
- Visual Tour
- Local Advertising
- Medicom – Over 50,000 households will see your property advertised. It airs a minimum of 40 times on 8 networks in a weeks time.
- Associate Tour– We present your property via slide show to our associates at our Tuesday morning sales meeting. After the meeting some of our associates will personally visit your home. Chances are they already have a Buyer!
- Open Houses – Held for potential buyers to tour your home. We then follow up for any and all feedback.
With This Type of Exposure ---
Your Home Is Available to Buyers 24 Hours a Day